Arabica Vs Robusta
The Arabica/Robusta coffee bean debate is all about quality. At Vittoria Coffee, all of our coffee is 100% Arabica and the Arabica coffee bean is considered by most as a much superior quality bean than the cheaper Robusta bean. Arabica has a well rounded, mild and pleasant aroma and accounts for approximately 70% of the world’s coffee production.
Some coffee producers use the cheaper Robusta coffee beans to fill their blends and save money. No matter what percentage of Robusta coffee bean is used in a blend, an inferior quality coffee bean still affects the taste and quality of the coffee.
Vittoria Coffee only uses 100% Arabica beans in all our blends.
- Coffee Robusta
- Commonly used in instant coffee.
- Grown at lower altitudes.
- More astringent and bitter in flavour.
- Has twice the caffeine.
- Coffee Arabica
- Grown at altitudes above 800m.
- Mild, well balanced in flavour.
- More expensive bean.
- Naturally lower in caffeine.